Are you tried to clean your fridge? Or Are you bothered by the stench in your fridge?
If your answer is yes then you are in the right place. Ok. Let’s see how to clean a smelly fridge or freezer in an effective way.
Before starting, I would like to tell you that this content based on a practical report of Dan Diclerico, who is HomeAdvisor Smart Home Strategist and Home editor of consumer reports. He is also a cleaning expert on consumer reports.
That information-based video is embedded in the middle of the content. So before starting to clean your fridge don’t forget to watch the video.
How to clean a smelly fridge step by step
1.Unplug the freezer and refrigerator.
2. Empty the fridge and freezer, now you need another place to store freezer food. I think you can manage it.
3. Remove all shelves and food storage bins.
4. Now, wash all the shelves and bins with hot soapy water. In that case instead of soapy water, you can wash the shelves and bin in a mixture of 1 tablespoon of bleach and 1-gallon water.
5. You have to make a mixture of 1 cup baking soda and 1 gallon of water. Now wipe down the inside of the fridge and freezer by using that mixture.
6. Leave the fridge and freezer door open overnight.
7. This step is a little bit annoying if the lousy smell still has inside the fridge and freezer. Repeat daily the six steps above, until the bad smell goes away.
Did You Get a Smell That Won’t Quit?
Ok, you have to fix some technical issue that is very simple. Now you have to clean the evaporator coil.
Cautious– Ensure the freezer is unplugged.
1.Remove the panel of the freezer with a screwdriver.
Note – Remember that if you have a fridge of a dual evaporator then you have to clean two sets of coils.
2.Disconnect all wires and spray on the coils with warm soapy water.
3.After that you have to use a paper towel to catch dirty water.
4.Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the coils.
5.Ensure the coil set is dry completely before replacing the panel.
6.Soak a cotton ball with vinegar and keep it inside the fridge and freezer. Leave the door close overnight.
After this hard work if you still get a terrible smell from the freezer then you can apply the natural tricks of “how to remove bad smell from fridge and freezer”
In that case, kitchen experts recommend a refrigerator deodorizer for cleaning your smelly fridge in a hassle-free method.
Leave a Reply